Information Collected and Stored Automatically
During your visit as you browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit but not about you. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about the visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if a private Internet access account, or “aschool.edu” if connected from a university) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is surfing the Web) from which access to our web site is gained;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time of access to our site;
- The pages visited and for how long; and
- The address of the website from which the initial visit to www.ailanet.org was launched, if any.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The data collected is not connected to your personal information or identity.
Links to Other Sites
This Website contains links to other sites. The American Indian Library Association is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, which may be different from the privacy practices described in this policy. We encourage you to become familiar with privacy practices of other sites you visit, including linked sites.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the American Indian Library Association uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030. Information also may be used for authorized law enforcement investigations. Except for the above purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
We reserve the right to change or modify this privacy statement at any time. If we revise our privacy statement, we will post those changes on the homepage and other places so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.